Wednesday 9 May 2012

Music Video Proposal

After looking at different music video types and techniques at the start of this project, it was clear to me from early doors that I wanted to do a TV studio shoot with a plan white backdrop, mainly so the band are the main focus but also to build the brand of Empire which should compliment the digipak and magazine advert I previously created.

After talking to the rest of the band members, peers and fans I have decided upon my target audience being from 16-35 which is quite broad therefore I cannot be too niche or off the wall creative as the products need to please the masses.

 I plan to arrange a date with the rest of the Empire band members to shoot for a couple of hours for the song 'Heartbeat'. I will use 8-10 different shots of the band performing the entire song so that when it comes to the edit, I'll have variation and choice so it can be as interesting as possible. As I'm playing the drums, I will have to enlist the help of someone else to press record on the camera after I have set up each shot.

Many of the shots will be static, including group shots and of individual band members, but I will include a few shots with camera movement, whether that be panning, tilting or zooming. This will again be to keep interest to the video which could work well using it for the choruses where the song is VERY simple and lyrics repeated so this could offer the viewer some interest.


No comments:

Post a Comment