Wednesday 9 May 2012

Beady Eye - The Roller

After poking round sites such as YouTube looking for inspiration on types of shots for my final video, I thought to myself that I need something other than just the shots of the band members playing throughout the entire video. I thought about mixing in a different type of music video to add something interesting to the piece, so I looked back over my test footage of stop motion, animation and time lapse but couldn't find a way to put it into the video without it looking out of place.

Then I stumbled across the music video for Beady Eye's 'The Roller'. Although this particular video isn't shot within a studio and doesn't have plain backgrounds with the band being the soul focus, it used post production to add extra interest.

I finally found a way to keep the video lively and watchable without having to shoot loads more footage. Take a look at the video below and note the way the boxes with each clip are arranged and how they are brought in and taken away to the beat.


No comments:

Post a Comment