Sunday 11 December 2011

Magazine Advert & Digipak






This is my final design for the Digipak and Magazine advert promoting the band, the music video and also the sale of the digipak itself. I have deisgned both by keeping in mind that these are here to represent an image of the band. There I have kept all designing simple and clean cut as nessesary. This is because the band's genre is fairly light rock/indie/alternative and therefore isn't in your face rock, which could have been represented by making the designs busier. I also had to think about the target audience of the music, which happens to be just about any age range. This means that a simple design should appeal to a mass audience and therefore include the majority of the target audience.

Empire already have a band logo which made things easier for me in terms of chosing a colour scheme and design. To add extra interest in the magazine advert, I added a grey strip with the main information of the digipak/band which I feel brings in an extra dimension to the design. Sticking to this idea I manipulated the colour of the image to the grey.

I believe that the Digipak and magazine advert are easily linked as they both contain the same design elements. I also believe that these two products represent the band in an accurate and appealing way.

No comments:

Post a Comment